Perhaps you are the kind of person, like myself, that loves and cherishes the wonder that is a cut of perfectly braised beef. If you have inhaled the Parisian air in October and experienced the fragrance of succulent Beef Bourbignon from the plate resting on your table then you know it can surely be counted as one of the great culinary blessings in life. If you have not yet had a truly fine plate of braised beef or if , in fact, you simply must prepare it for yourself then this recipe shall more than satisfy. Short ribs provide a fantastic cut to which this treatment can justly be applied, having a sufficient richness and flavor.
Pomegranate RSS feed for this section
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…….Maaangoo!..
It’s Friday and even if your week is not over yet, you must chill. I’m gonna be posting one drink every Friday, just for a little reminder that whenever your weekend starts you must relax and try to have some fun. Ian and I we are very homebodies; we like to stay at home relaxing and making our own treats. Don’t get me wrong we do go out every now and then, but the truth is that is always more relaxing to have a drink in the safety of your home.
This Mango-Basil-Pomegranate Daiquiri is refreshing and not too sweet. The basil brings so much freshness and the pomegranate kernels burst and pop in your mouth adding some texture, you’re gonna love it.
Makes 4-6 drinks
2 cups fresh Mango peeled and cubed. If you can not find fresh, frozen mango will be great too.
2 cups of ice
6-8 Basil leaves, I used Thai Basil, you can use any basil you have on hand
2-4 parts of white Cuban rum, more or less …
1 part of Grenadine
a splash of Pomegranate juice
a squeeze of lime
Garnish with fresh pomegranate kernels. ( Little pieces of strawberry will work as well.)
In a Blender Place all ingredients, Blend until smooth.
Serve on chilled short glasses.
Cut the straws on a bias for an easier sip, sprinkle the pomegranate kernels and add a little spoon to eat them as you go.
To get you in the Friday mood put some Mambo music Like Perez Prado, The King of Mambo.
Here is some link to the proper music to play while you prepare your drink!
Also, I have included some Mambo steps just in case you want to shimmy… Have fun, Mangoooo!!!
- 2 cups fresh Mango peeled and cubed. If you can not find fresh frozen mango works best.
- 2 cups of ice
- 6-8 Basil leaves I used Thai Basil, you can use any basil you have on hand.
- 2-4 parts of white Cuban rum this is up to you!
- 1 part of Grenadine
- a splash of Pomegranate juice
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Garnish with fresh pomegranate kernels. Little pieces of strawberry will work as well.
- In a Blender Place all ingredients, Blend until smooth.
- Serve on chilled short glasses.
- Cut straws on a bias for an easier sip. Sprinkle pomegranate kernels and add a little spoon to eat them as you go. Cheers!